Hon. James Adisa Owolabi was born on October 1, 1960. He is an accomplished businessman and a grassroot politician with a good track record in community and humanitarian service. Below is a brief insight into his education qualification vis-à-vis his political career and achievements.
- Odu-Abore Memorial Primary School, Iyana Mushin (Primary School Education)
- Mutailatu College Ibadan (Secondary School Education).
- Advance Diploma in Public Administration (The Polytechnic Ibadan).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration( Olabisi Onabanjo University).
- Fellow Institute of Administration and Economy Planners of Nigeria.
POLITICAL CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Local Government Delegate under SDP 1992.
- Contested for SDP Local Government Party Secretary 1992.
- Honourable Councillor in Agege Local Government under Zero Party 1996-1997.
- Contested for Lagos State House of Assembly in 1998.
- Appointed as the Political Adviser to Honourable Morufdeen Adeola Adefolabi. (Executive Chairman Ifako/Ijaiye LGA 1998-2003)
- Appointed as Political Adviser to the Executive Chairman Ojokoro LCDA 2004-2007.
- Appointed as Legislative Aide to Honourable Morufdeen Adeola Adefolabi (Member Federal House of Representatives, Ifako/Ijaiye Federal Constituency) 2007-2011.
- Appointed as Legislative Aide to Honourable Elijah Olu Adewale (Member Federal House of Representatives, Ifako/Ijaiye Federal Constituency) Aug. 2015-2016.
- Contested the 2016 Ifako/Ijaiye Federal House of Representatives bye election primary.
Honourable J. A. Owolabi is definitely armed for the job at hand with his enviable political and administrative track record. Having served two previous House of Representatives members from Ifako-Ijaiye Federal Constituency, he understands what it takes to excel at that level.