By Quadri R. Atanda (Climax Entertainments Senior Correspondent)
IT Support By: Amoo Lukmon Olatunji
With the swearing-in of Lagos state Commissioners and Special advisers to the governor over, the time has come to bell the cat and bring about a truly developed Lagos State.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, and with modern day challenges of a megacity facing Lagos state presently, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his team need to put on their thinking caps as fast as possible.
Lagos state witnessed rapid progress especially in the education and health sectors under the Babatunde Raji Fashola led government, and the imprints of sucess in those sectors are still with us today.
There is no developed society in the world that toys with education and health because those are direct indices that imply the well-being of the average individual.
“A sound mind in a sound body”, so states the timeless aphorism, as such the present Lagos state government should endeavor to up the ante in the areas of health and education.
Below are the list of commissioners and special advisers sworn in
- Rabiu Olowo Onaolapo – Commissioner for Finance
- Folasade Adefisayo – Commissioner for Education
- Akin Abayomi – Commissioner for Health
- Idris Salako – Commissioner for Fiscal Planning and Urban Development
- Tunji Bello – Commissioner for Water Resources and Environment
- Gbenga Omotoso – Commissioner for Information and Strategy
- Bolaji Dada – Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation
- Lere Odusote – Commissioner Energy and Natural Resources
- Frederic Oladeinde – Commissioner for Transportation
- Gbolahan Lawal – Commissioner for Agriculture
- Moruf Akinderu Fatai – Commissioner for Housing
- Moyo Onigbanjo (SAN) – Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice
- Hakeem Fahm – Commissioner for Science and Technology
- Ajibola Ponnle – Commissioner for Ministry Establishment, Training and Pension
- Aramide Adeyoye – Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure
- Segun Dawodu – Commissioner for Youth and Social Development
- Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf – Commissioner for Home Affairs
- Yetunde Arobieke – Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs
- Lola Akande – Commissioner for Commerce and Industry
- Olufunke Adebolu – Commissioner for Tourism Arts and Culture
- Sam Egube – Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget
- Wale Ahmed – Commissioner for Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations
- Ruth Bisola Olusanya – Special Adviser for Agriculture
- Aderemi Adebowale – Special Adviser, Office of Civic Engagement
- Afolabi Ayantayo – Special Adviser on Political and Legislative Affairs
- Toke Benson-Awoyinka – Special Adviser for Housing
- Joe Igbokwe – Special Adviser for Drainage and Water Resources
- Tubosun Alake – Special Adviser for Innovation and Technology
- Kabiru Ahmed Abdullahi – Special Adviser for Urban Development
- Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi – Special Adviser for Central Business Districts
- Bonu Solomon Saanu – Special Adviser for Arts and Culture
- Oluwatoyin Fayinka – Special Adviser for Transportation
- Oladele Ajayi – Special Adviser for Commerce and Industry
- Tokunbo Wahab – Special Adviser for Education
- Solape Hammond – Special Adviser for Sustainable Development Goals and Lagos Global
Quadri Rasheed Atanda is a Senior Columnist/Senior correspondent at Climax Entertainments, he also double as the Business Development Manager at Climax Travels and Tours. He has a passion for writing across various spheres from politics, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, business reports, intellectual articles, research reports, analytical write-ups to technical reports. He also possess a drive forinformation and communications technology related activities such as web development services and programming these interests along with reading, writing and research are his undying hobbies.